Lord Byron:

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life"

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Transformation




After Sorcia's burial I went into my home to store the items I'd used and clean up stuff.
I noticed that it was 4.15 PM, the time the vet started the procedure 24 hours ago.
I stored some items and just wanted to put my cleaning gloves on when I noticed that the Finches were startled by something. I looked and in through the open garden door came a butterfly. She flew towards me, I walked immediately towards her. She flapped near my shoulder for a bit and I stretched out my hand so she could land on it. She didn't but she flapped around it for a bit.
Then she went in a straight line across the room and flew through a gap just above the floor between the couch and the armchair which are placed against a small cabinet in the corner of the room.
This was Sorcia's den. Only he and the cats were able to reach this spot through the small gap. His bed was placed at the end under the cabinet. The last couple of years he spent almost all day in this spot except for the last few days.
I immediately took a look and the butterfly was flapping about underneath the cabinet. I went to get my camera and when I returned she was hanging from the bottom of the low cabinet, motionless.
On the first pic I took she still had her wings open, after that she kept them closed.
I made many pics and stayed with her for a very long time but than I decided to release her, it was too much of a risk that my cats would notice her and kill her.
She sat on my finger for a while, but as I wanted to take a pic of this, she flew away and landed on the Finches cage next to the open door. I grabbed my camera again, but as I looked for it she was gone...

Later on I realized that the butterfly came flying in at the time of Sorcia's death the day before.


Thank you Sorcia for sending me this beautiful Peacock Butterfly, this very special and very dear, much cherished and precious message.
I am amazed and so grateful.




2 comments:

WolfDen said...

Zo bijzonder!

wolvinya said...

Zeg dat wel.
En dan gaat ook nog 4 dagen later Lavinya op dat plekje liggen en: Dat past echt niet!!! Hoe ze dat toch voor elkaar heeft gekregen...