Lord Byron:

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life"

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sparrowhawk

This morning suddenly the Finches were startled in a different way than usual. They really feared something and I went towards a window to take a look at what was causing this.
On the bench sat a female Sparrowhawk (NL = Sperwer) and luckily she didn't notice me, but she probably was attrackted by the Finches's noice, so many wild Finches are.
She sat there for a very long time.
I am so honoured she visited my small garden (with so many 'fearsome' beasts around. There are no pets living in the other homes and gardens, still she chose mine).

After a while she became a bit anxious and flew away. When I went outside a bit later than that she sat on the neighbours's fence, but when I was setting my camera she was gone...

Below you can see the first pic I took of her.
I went upstairs, afraid she would fly away if I would capture her on camera in front of my windows downstairs

Nope, she was fine, relaxed even


And this is what she left behind...



6 comments:

Tinus said...

Wauw!!!!

wolvinya said...

Gaaf hè?!!

madcorona said...

echt wel gaaf, niks mooier dan beesies in het wild toch

wolvinya said...

Absoluut! Ik keek ook meteen of ik een ringetje of van die leren slierten zag, nee.
Mijn arme Vinkjes, ter gezelschap van mijn arme papegaai... :-{

WolfDen said...

Zo geweldig zo in je tuintje!! En gelijk weer wat erbij geleerd dat het sperwer vrouwtje zoveel groter is. Prachtig dier!!!

wolvinya said...

Bij veel roofvogels is het vrouwtje groter, alleen bij de Sperwer vele malen.
Ik snap nog niet hoe het kan, dat ze juist mijn tuin koos!