Lord Byron:

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life"

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Attila Forever

Today I had to let go of Attila. He hadn't been well for over a year and all the tests that were possible and that he went through gave no result, so he couldn't even be treated for whatever it was he suffered from. In the end his kidneys gave up so rapidly (but at an unusual extreme high velocity) that it is almost certain he suffered from acute kidney failure which was an effect of the illness he had.
When I first saw Attila on the net I instantly fell in love with him, not knowing one day he would cross my path and I would share the rest of his life with him. He came to live with me when he was 9 months old, it turned out he was not suitable for breeding since one of his balls didn't descend. He was and still is my dream cat, stunningly gorgeous, very handsome, super sweet, loyal, trustfull, unconditional, wholeheartedly. Our bond was very, very strong. He was very affectionate and also crazy about the dogs, no matter how much Laney teased him during her puberty, he never lost his full trust towards her.
Zorlan and Attila were best buddies. Although Sil always keeps her distance, the boys usually were in each others presence, many times sleeping together, closely curled up or even on top of each other. No wonder Zorlan is having a very hard time right now.
There is a lot of grief, but I am so fortunate Attila did come into my life and by this notion I stay strong.
Everything he engaged he did with total devotion, just as he loved me.

4 comments:

madcorona said...

im so sorry for your loss elke

Kaya-Sioux said...

Veel sterkte Elke. Maar weet dat een dier jou kiest en niet andersom .... Attila had perfect gekozen.

WolfDen said...

Veel te jong....mooie vent nu in ieder geval niet ziek meer...dikke knuffel

wolvinya said...

Dank jullie wel.